Monday, July 10, 2017

Mason Bottle Review


Disclaimer:  I am not being paid or compensated in any way for my opinions on this this product. I just love them.

I am a true southerner and, as turns it out, also a sucker for anything Mason jar related.  I know all things Mason jar is hot right now, very hipster, and I’m not usually one to be into that kind of stuff but I just can’t help myself when it comes to Mason jars!

So naturally when I heard about the Mason Bottle nipples, I knew I had to check them out. 

Just to give you a quick description.  They are made of medical grade silicone and fit perfectly on any sized regular mouth mason jar.  The nipples have a wide base and two vents.  Little Miss has been using these nipples since she was about a month old, so about 8 months now.  Since we have some experience I thought I’d give a little review.  Here are some of my thoughts about them.


First off I love the fact that I can use any sized jar making it perfect to grow with baby.  I have TONS of mason jars in various sizes so it makes it quite cost effective for those of us with a stash already.

Next the fact that the nipple it made of silicone means no plastic or BPA concerns.  Pairing that with the glass Mason jar makes for pretty great system to avoid plastic without spending a fortune.  Buying glass bottles and nipples in various flows can really get costly, if you already have the jars you really only have to purchase the nipples at $10 for a two pack (I got mine on Amazon).  The fact that the nipple is silicone also makes it really soft but strong.  It is soft enough to flex but strong enough to not just collapse.

Speaking of collapsing, I love the fact that the nipple has the two vents so it NEVER collapses, even using a slower flow then she needs at times we still haven’t had any trouble with that.  I have used other nipples that collapse as Little Miss is using them, meaning I have to stop periodically to let it inflate.   Also since this nipple has two vents she hasn’t had much trouble at all with any belly aches or spitting up.

I also love that there aren’t, seemingly, 100 parts to clean.  There is the nipple, the ring and the glass jar.  I know some bottles that have so many parts to clean (or soak) and that require special brushes to make sure you get all the nooks and crannies clean.  Not so with this system.  I only have two nipples right now but because they are so easy to clean I can quickly wash them once she is done and put it up to dry for her next feeding.  So simple.     

These bottles are perfect for littles that go back and forth between bottle feeding and breast feeding due to the shape.  The wider base makes it more familiar for babies who are used to breastfeeding.  Little Miss has never had a problem going back and forth between bottle and breast using this system.

Another great thing about this system is that even though they sale caps for the bottle you don’t need to purchase them (unless you want to of course).  You can simply invert the nipple into the bottle, place a regular lid on top and tighten the ring.  You have nice sealed, clean and contained bottle for very little cost.  Also the flat lids are easier to store then bulky plastic caps (in my opinion).    



Lastly there is so much less to have to store once baby is done with the bottle since the jars can go back to use as whatever they were in their previous life.  Jams, jellies, pickles, drinking glasses, storing dry goods, whatever you can think of!

Once the Boy was done with the bottle I put all of the various bottles that I had collected over that year up, in three bags mind you, and stored them in the closet.  Babies take a lot of equipment sometimes!  Using this system I have virtually no waste and nothing much to store!  Win, Win!

I think I have found the bottle system I plan to use in the foreseeable future.  I really can’t say enough how much I love these bottles!  They are simple to use, easy to clean, are super cute (I get lots of compliments) and Little Miss loves them!

No comments:

Post a Comment