Tuesday, June 27, 2017

3 Years Later...


Well, turns out that I was busier than I thought I'd be back then!  I mean really, how could a working mother with a busy toddler not have a few extra minutes to sit down and put some rational thoughts together?!?  Haha!  I suppose I was living in a fantasy world then!

Turns out that I might still be in a fantasy world now, time will tell!

 The Boy is 4 years old now and full of spunk and  is quite STRONG WILLED!  I love him fiercely and even though he keeps me on my toes and a bit ragged some days I wouldn’t change him for the world!  In October 2016 we welcomed Little Miss as the newest addition to our family, she is laid back and brings us all so much joy!  I love them and feel blessed to be called mama!


You see, my heart’s desire has always been to be a mama and God graciously gave me that!

After I became a mom four years ago though, as it was, my heart’s desire changed and all I wanted was to be a stay at home mom. However, at that time we were sure we needed two incomes so I went back to work when The Boy was 3 months old.  Over the next few years the Hubby and I became more committed to the idea and once we got pregnant with Little Miss we were dedicated to make it work.  Once she was born I never returned back to my full time (outside of the home) job.  It was a leap of faith but God has blessed us each way we have turned during this time.  I would be remised to fail to mention how much He has helped me grow my faith in these past few months!

Being a stay at home mom suites me, I’ve decided.  I can be a homebody, so being home is no problem plus there is always something to do….or clean….or wash….or wipe up….or change….well you get the picture.  I am terribly blessed with a husband who tells me and shows me his appreciation and who is dedicated to me and our family and is a willing participant in parenting!  You don’t always find that with husbands.  Don’t get me wrong, he’s not perfect, but he is perfect for me and we make a pretty great team if I do say so!

Together we have found a piece of property that we have fell in love with and that God truly has brought to us (more on that another time) and we are now in the beginning processes of purchasing and turning this vacant land into the homestead of our dreams!  Lots of work to do and decisions to make in the future!

Come follow us as we, undoubtedly, make mistakes, make decisions and make memories along the way to the Old Path!
Blessings,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment